Saturday, October 16, 2010

Frogs as Art

Ah, Pocket Frogs. So many patterns, so many shades and colors. Breed them, raise them, sell them, trade them. Over 14,000 possible combinations, in fact. Some of them more meaningful than others, however. For collecting many of these specific species, there are achievements to be had within the game. But I haven't been able to stop there. I've been having terrific fun coming up with my own achievement-like collections of frogs. I raise them to adulthood, I admire their aesthetic, but then, eventually I must send them off into the world to make room for the next generation. I admit, sometimes it's difficult to let them go. That's why I've created this blog. Here I can share with you, the world, pictures of my frogs at play and I can cherish the fond memories of the times we had, long after they've matured to adulthood and been gifted or sold.

With each of my froggy shots, I try to tell a story. As well, I try to involve the habitat background and scenery elements if I can in order to create sort of a vignette. Here, I'll show you what I mean by posting my first froggy shot. With fall officially here and Halloween right around the corner, I call this one "Pumpkin Patch."

I can hardly wait for Halloween to come so that I can carve my froggy pumpkins into frog-o-lanterns ... not literally, of course. No frogs will be harmed.

I really enjoy Pocket Frogs as a means of creative expression. Many of my ideas for froggy shots come to me as I play. Others are suggestions I see mentioned in Pocket Frogs community forums that I really want to see come to life. I'm not the only one getting creative with Pocket Frogs. I'd love to showcase your themed collections, too! If you've got an imaginative habitat, take a screen shot of it and send it to froggyshots@gmail.com along with the description or story behind it. I'll credit your gamer name or whatever you'd like. I can't wait to see what else we can come up with!

For now, here are a couple more shots of "Pumpkin Patch." I hope you enjoy them and all my future froggy shots.


Tangelo Muscus Clunicula, Tangelo Folium Clunicula, Orange Muscus Clunicula, Orange Folium Clunicula

If you have no idea what I'm on about with this Pocket Frogs thing, grab yourself an iOS device from Apple, get thee to NimbleBit, and download the Pocket Frogs app!

No comments:

Post a Comment